3.08.2008

Thanks for looking out for me!

According to the comments on my last blog there are at least a couple people that are looking out for me and wondering what is going on. One of the comments said I have looked sad at work and have been missing a lot of days.
Well, let me tell ya...Cancer sucks, and I have a few friends in the thick of it right now, and that just frustrates me and breaks my heart! One has been fighting for 2 years and is the most amazingly strong and sometimes painfully independent woman. One is newly diagnosed with a young family and stage four disease. He is stubborn and has a kick ass attitude, which will take him a long way. And the third has been doing this for 6 years I believe...he has the power to move mountains and despite several doctors visits and hospital stays lately, he will pull it out in the end. All three are survivors of a disease that no one should have to experience.
So, that might be why I have looked sad lately.
As for missing a lot of work, I had treatment on Monday and my MUGA to check my heart functioning. My MUGA scan was good. And treatment was uneventful. I had lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, so I was a little worried about that, but I had blood work and exams done, and they don't see any cause for alarm, so I guess we willl just chalk that up to an unanswered prayer finally answered, because God knows I haven't done anything to work that weight off!
As for the rest of the days I have been gone- Wednesday night I got the stomach flu, so I was on my bathroom floor on Thursday and Friday! Good times!
What am I up to now? Well, I am working on my RELAY teams and hoping to get some fundraising started! And, I am (sort of) training for the Lincoln 1/2 marathon.
Never a dull day! I do my Hope thing in Alma NE tomorrow and was in Seward NE speaking at their Relay Kick Off last week! My dad and my Aunt Ruthie went to that, so that was a nice surprise!
What am I thankful for?! I am thankful that I am no longer throwing up! I am thankful for my husband who took over 100% while I was out of commission. I am thankful for all the movies I had DVRed prior to getting sick! Have you seen Under the Tuscan Sun? Great movie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update, so sorry about your friends. I think I found your 10 pounds ha!

Anonymous said...

Its always good to see you here. Good luck on continuing your "Hope Thing" -- you are very motivational & inspiring!! Your friends will be in my prayers. P.S. Thanks for your advice on running apparel!

Anonymous said...

Hey T-
Glad to know you are feeling better. I was worried about you! HUGS! J