6.07.2005

FOOTBALL 101

Today/tonight I attended Football 101. This is an all afternoon/evening program aimed at women, to- learn the fundamentals of football, socialize, and come together for the common goal of raising money to fund further research in an effort to find a cure for breast cancer.

The event was started by Coach Bill Callahan last year. Coach Callahan lost both of his parents to cancer- his mother to breast cancer. Tonight The Epply Cancer Center in Omaha, a part of UNMC medical center, was presented with a check for $50,000 thanks to all of those who attended and also to those who bought raffle tickets (a winning ticket in my case!! I am now the proud owner of a framed and autographed poster of Tommie Frazier!) It was overall- a wonderful experience!!!

I am getting into the fundraising activities now, and I am working on putting together a Relay for Life team for the Lincoln relay at the end of the month. And really, I know more about relays than football, so this is good!!!

Well, it is getting late, and I have treatment in Omaha, track practice, and a t-ball game tomorrow, so I better hit the sack!

Nighty-Nite!!!

What am I thankful for?!?!?! Husker fans, and their overwhelming generosity!!!